Dr.David, Doctor
Experience:  Internal Medicine Specialist,MBBS

can genital warts spread to your face

can genital warts spread to your face
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr.David replied 5 years ago.
Welcome to the just answer website.Warts are small, rough growths caused by the human papilloma virus (HPV).Genital warts are spread by skin-to-skin contact — usually during vaginal, anal, or oral sex play. It is also possible to get warts from using towels or other objects that were used by a person who has warts. Any area of the skin can be affected, but warts are most commonly found on the hands, feet and face.HPV can cause warts on the face, hands, feet, genitals, anus, or cervix, and other areas of the skin. So the answer is yes,genital warts can spread to your face.Please feel free to ask if you have any other question.

Please click green ACCEPT BUTTON so I can be paid for assisting you. BONUS and Positive Feedback are always greatly appreciated.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Can they be removed from your face and genitals
Expert:  Dr.David replied 5 years ago.
Genital warts may go away on their own in about 10%-20% of people over a period of three to four months.The warts caused by HPV are treated by a doctor and there are certain over-the-counter medications available,but the effectiveness of the medications is not proven.

Your doctor may prescribe following ointments:Imiquimod (Aldara), Podophyllin , podofilox (Condylox) or Trichloroacetic acid (TCA). If this fails, then your doctor may remove the warts under local anaesthesia using surgery, freezing or laser treatment.Till then apply ointment Dermisil or Condysil gel.Both are available as OTC without prescription.They are slow-acting medication that is designed to eliminate genital warts within 2 to 3 weeks.So I advice you to consult your doctor for the prescription of these above medications.Also please don't forget to click green ACCEPT BUTTON so I can be paid for assisting you. BONUS and Positive Feedback are always greatly appreciated.