Dr .Saha
Dr .Saha, Doctor(MD)
Experience:  30 years experience as doctor

is a yawning a symptom of heart problem

Customer Question

is a yawning a symptom of heart problem?
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr .Saha replied 3 years ago.

Do you have any other symptom?

How is your sleep?

Do you have any heart disease?

Thank you
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
well it looks like my heart skips a beat a lot but i think that's because of the too much salt in me. so i've reduced my salt intake and i started feeling better to the point that i went to the gym , but for my cool down i went on the bike and it's monitor showed a lot of variation in my heart rhythm. it kept going up and down maybe every 1/100 of a second. i had a 48 hour holter monitor test 2 months ago and the result was that my heart skips a beat and the palps are caused by stress but two days before my doc got it's results i got edema legs. and then the treatment for edema legs lead to dehydration. after a few months i felt ok enough to go the gym today and i'll go tomorrow. i don't think my condition is serious.
Expert:  Dr .Saha replied 3 years ago.
Thank you for the information.

Yawning can be a symptom of heart or cardiovascular disease.

It can occur in heart attack, dissection of aorta or bleeding into layer of aortic wall.

Your symptoms do not seem to be related to it.

Yawning can come from other causes like inadequate sleep, fatigue, or day time sleep disorders.

You can discuss it with your doctor.

I hope this information helps.

I will be happy to assist, if you need any clarification.

Please feel free for any follow up query.

Regards.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
do u think that i need evaluation for my irregular heart beats? according to the bike today they were irregulr, it was going up and down in less than a second.i have a feeling it's because of the salt though. i accidentally had too much salt few days ago. i was being treated for dehydration and then i started craving for salt and had too much accidentally.
Expert:  Dr .Saha replied 3 years ago.
You wrote that you had Holter?

Did you have treadmill or stress tests?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
no i just had a 48 hour holter monitor test.
Expert:  Dr .Saha replied 3 years ago.
You can discuss with your doctor about having a treadmill test.

This can help to clear the confusion about the rhythm you noticed in the gym.

Without a medical supervision it can not be judged properly.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
however the holter monitor test that i had was two months ago.
Expert:  Dr .Saha replied 3 years ago.
Did you visited gym with Holter?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
no i was very sick. infact it took a week and few days for my doctor to get it's results and two days before he got it i got edema legs but my edema legs are gone now. i had a lot of palpitations, more than what i have now. the result was that they're caused by stress. my doc said my heart skips a beat but it's very common and nothing to worry about
Expert:  Dr .Saha replied 3 years ago.
Anxiety & stress are common factors for skipping beats.

Still if you noticed significant variation in heart rhythm on exercise or feel any symptom on exercise then you should inform your doctor about it.

If you find my answer helpful, please press the accept button so that I can be compensated for my time & work.

Best of health.
Dr .Saha, Doctor(MD)
Experience: 30 years experience as doctor