911DOC
911DOC, Board Certified Dr.
Experience:  Emergency Medicine Physician
19155615

Hi I need to clean my system of meth that I had on Saturday

Customer Question

Hi I need to clean my system of meth that I had on Saturday and need to pass a urine drug test Tuesday. How can I flush my system of the metabolites by tomorrow! I know what I did was stupid but need an answer that helps please!
Category: Medical
Expert:  911DOC replied 3 years ago.

911Doctor :

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer,

911Doctor :

there is no such thing.

911Doctor :

there are no 'cleansing' products that work.

911Doctor :

they are all scams....

911Doctor :

i'm sorry, but will opt out as i know you will not pay for this answer.

911Doctor :

best

Customer: I will pay but is there anything that helps
911Doctor :

no, the only thing you have going for you is that methamphetamine is only in the system a short time....

911Doctor :

so the important thing is to 1. not use it again and 2. drink enough water between now and the test to keep your urine light yellow.....

911Doctor :

will this be a urine test?

911Doctor :

and is it for parole or for employment?

911Doctor :

so if it is a urine test the day of the test drink enough water to make your urine, again, a very light yellow.... and pick up some vitamin b12 pills at the pharmacy... this will do a few things.... it will dilute the urine and make the test likely to pick up traces of meth.... and the b12 will color the urine yellow so that the testers do not suspect that you are trying to fool them....

911Doctor :

also, DO NOT give your first or second urine of the day.... try to urinate fully when you arriving the testing facility....

911Doctor :

and then wait if you have to, but give them the NEXT urine sample....

911Doctor :

standing by....

Customer: Yes urine test but they check the creatine levels so u can't dilute sample. Will exercise speed up my metabolism it is for work test.
911Doctor : You can still do as I have said, and if your sample is rejected it is BECAUSE you have been very conscious if hydrating since you are exercising so much more... Besides, it's still urine, you aren't pouring plain water in it... You are simply drinking kore. The creatinine will probably be fine even doing what I am suggesting. Any further questions?
911Doctor : And the half life of the drug is about ten hours, whack means that in 50 hours it will be almost completely gone from your system... You are cutting it close, but I think you will be okay.
911Doctor : I must turn out the light... Will check back first thing in morning.
911DOC, Board Certified Dr.
Experience: Emergency Medicine Physician
Expert:  Family Physician replied 3 years ago.
As a medical review officer (a physician trained and certified in the interpretation of drug tests), I believe a few points of clarification are necessary.

There is NO benefit from using Vitamin B12 or any vitamin prior to doing a drug test. While it is true that large amounts of the B vitamins will make you urine more yellow in color, this will have NO effect on your drug test. The definition of a "dilute" urine is based on chemical lab analysis (not on the color). The urine specific gravity and the urine creatinine are the measures that determine if the urine is "dilute".

There are a number of sites on the web that suggest high dose B vitamins can cause your drug test to be negative. You should be warned that this approach is medically dangerous in addition to being completely ineffective. Please don't use this approach to try to beat a drug test.

The other expert is correct. The various products sold as "flushes" or "detox" products don't work. Some of these products actually will cause your drug test to be reported as "adulterated" (tampered) - and this result is treated the same as a positive drug test.

The detection period for methamphetamine is up to 3 days (in urine). However, in most cases the test is negative before than (typically 2 days). The detection period can be longer in heavy/chronic use.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Thanks for the answers. I chose to take the path of honesty and tell my boss that I made a mistake after testing myself this morning and still n
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Thanks for the answers. I chose to take the path of honesty and tell my boss that I made a mistake after testing myself this morning and still not being clean. The only way is not to be so stupid and take drugs! Lucky I got a boss that understands. Thanks for answers again.
Expert:  911DOC replied 3 years ago.
God bless you.