Dr. Amir
Dr. Amir, Doctor
Experience:  Master of Internal medicine & Gastroenterology with six years of experience (London). MBBS
16101430

2-3 weeks ago I bent over to pick something up and my back

2-3 weeks ago I bent over to pick something up and my back locked up just above the tailbone and instead of straightening back up, I forced it to the point where i heard this small crack and ever since then I have had pain to the point where at first i couldnt straighten up at all. Now I can if I take my time. But Ive also got pain that feels like nerve pain. I also feel it in the calf of my left leg.
Thanks for the question. I would like to have few important details. Any radiation of pain from the lower back to the leg? Any numbness or tingling sensations? Your age & history of joint pain?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Pretty much no to all questions. Ill reserve the answer to pain radiating down to my left calf, because i'm not sure. My lower left leg is painful right now but i'm not sure if that's not a cramp from working on my water heater yesterday

Thanks for the details. I would like to say that there is a strong possibility of lower disc disease such as disc collapse or herniation with nerve compression. Sciatica should be rule out. Some times such kind of calf pain can be seen due to clot formation or blood flow obstruction in leg, electrolyte imbalance. In either case, I will highly advise to see your physician or preferably visit ER for early examination & tests which should include x-ray lower back (lumbar-sacral region), doppler scan might be needed, full blood count. Let me know if you have any further question. Best wishes.

Do accept the answer in this way I will be rewarded for my work and time here for you. Positive feedback & bonuses will be appreciated.

Best of luck and keep in touch

Dr. Amir Javed.