Dr. RK
Dr. RK, Doctor
Experience:  M.B.B.S. , over 7 years of experience in the field of Medical practice

Fell off a bike directly on to my left knee not much pain but

Fell off a bike directly on to my left knee not much pain but now true and real pain. Infect my whole leftbleg became useless. An MRI revealed tw ruptured discs thevdoctor was certain these discs werecthe cause thecrest of leg feels good again but kneevstill painful
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. RK replied 5 years ago.
Dear customer,

when did it happen?
are the dis of knee ruptured?
did you consult an orthopaedician yet?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Fell off bike feb 2011. The knee would hurt from time to time no noticeable swelling. Eventually, whether
Related or not, entire left lef this past may became unbearable every inch of it. MRI revealed two severely ruptured discs surgery was just last Monday leg felt great! But the last couple of days the leftvkneecap has begun to cause horrible pain. No other part of the leg. Just the knee cap, area directly below the kneecap,and just left.
Expert:  Dr. RK replied 5 years ago.
Dear customer,

The surgery is the best option for the repair of the damaged knee joint.It should be done at the earliest.

Since it has been done recently a week ago so you should wait for a few weeks for the healing to occur.You may take the pain killer drugs like motrin, advil, to control the pain.

You should also consult a physiotherapist for the light exercise if possible.Once the healing is done then the pain will be over.

You may also have the follow up MRI of knee joint done after consulting your doctor.

Let me know if you have any doubt.

Thank you
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I had an MRI. But only of L section of spine where the ruptured discs were. There's been nobmribif knee since he was certain the ruptured discs were the issue/cause. Could the knee have it's own issue even if there is no swelling?
Expert:  Dr. RK replied 5 years ago.
dear customer,

The nerves of the knee and hip joint and other sensation are carried to spinal cord to brain.Any injury in the lumbar spine may cause radiating pain to the knee or hip joint or lower leg.

Since you have fallen on knee joint so the chances of its isolated injury should be ruled out as well.You should have the MRI of the knee joint done.Since it is already more than 4 month so the swelling may not be obvious.

The pain killers, exercise and physiotherapy are the other treatment options.

Let me know if you need any more information

Thank you