Dr. RK
Dr. RK, Doctor
Experience:  M.B.B.S. , over 7 years of experience in the field of Medical practice

I have a growth along side one testicle that has grown over

I have a growth along side one testicle that has grown over 8 years to about the size of the testicle and is now starting to become painful .can you help diagnose?
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. RK replied 5 years ago.
Dear customer,

Do you feel pain?
did you have the sonography of scrotum done?
is the swelling reducible?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
slight discomfort/ no test done
Expert:  Dr. RK replied 5 years ago.
Dear customer,

The scrotal swelling may be due to various causes like hyrocele, inguinal hernia,cyst, tumour, varicocele, etc.

As per the symptoms the chances of hydroecel should be ruled out first which is collection of fluid in the testes.The treatment is surgical.

You should have the physical examination and relevant investigations like blood counts, sonography of the scrotum done after consulting a doctor/surgeon to know the underlying abnormality.

The treatment is according to underlying cause.The other causes should also be ruled out like inguinal hernia, tumour.

Let me know if you have any doubt.

Thank you

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
what is the cause of hyrocele varicoceleand inguinal hernia?
Expert:  Dr. RK replied 5 years ago.
Dear customer,

The inguinal hernia is acused by protrusion of intestinal content into scrotum due to the weak abdomen musculature.

The hydrocele is due to the collection of fluid in the tunica vaginalis of the scrotum.The varicocele is the tortuous dilatation of the testicular venous plexus.

You should have the ultrasound of the scrotum done to know the underlying etiology.The treatment is according to the cause.The surgery may be required in some cases.

Let me know if you need any more information

Thank you