Dr .Saha
Dr .Saha, Doctor(MD)
Experience:  30 years experience as doctor
8227957

feel like something stuck in my throat only on the left side

Customer Question

feel like something stuck in my throat only on the left side near the adams apple. i was pressing that area of my neck the days before. Then I ate quinoa they are like seeds. But sometimes I when I swallow I feel something sharp there and sometimes I don't.
Submitted: 3 years ago via HealthBoards.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr .Saha replied 3 years ago.

How long and how frequently are you having the symptoms?

Do you have any other symptom or previous illness?

Is there any pain , swelling?

Thank you.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
i felt it like 2 wks ago i swallowed peanut butter then i felt something g o down my throat then I felt relief.

but when i think about it and swallow hard i feel it. while i eat and i think about it i feel it. when i really

worry about it i feel it its like something sharp there.

I have had a history of food being stuck in my throat it turns white a nd the Dr. had removed it with her

finger. but this time its like more down by the adams apple on the left side.

no i don' t have any other symptoms, previous illness, pain or swelling in the neck.
Expert:  Dr .Saha replied 3 years ago.
When did the incident of food stucking occur?

Did the doctor remove it with finger only?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
that happened like 12 yrs ago, yes the finger only, that was more visible when you open it was like in the

crevices in the back of the throat.
Expert:  Dr .Saha replied 3 years ago.

Thank you for the information,

In case there is any food stuck in the throat & if you do not feel choking then you can drink plenty of water so that it goes down.

Other methods are to take banana, white bread which can be sticky & take the food down.

But when it persisting so long it is unlikely to be food or seed still there.

There can be an injury to mucosa from an irritant in the food or from sharp food like a piece of bone.

It can also be due to an infection there.

Anxiety or stress can also cause such feeling.

I feel you should consult an ENT doctor for an examination.

When it is lower down it can need examination by mirror or scope.

I hope this information helps.

I will be happy to assist, if you need any clarification.

Please feel free for any follow up query.

Best wishes.