Dr.Hussey
Dr.Hussey, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, FCPS-1(R). Have been with patients of medicine all through my career

can you take remeron for sleep as needed. i have tried almost

can you take remeron for sleep as needed. i have tried almost everything i can fall asleep but wake up multiply times then can not go back when i wake up at 2-3:00. Then i sometimes take .5 of ambien and this will get me another hour or so sometimes. Ive been on .25 and sometimers .5 of klonopin for a year changed to 2mg. of vallium to try and get off the benzos i guess im having withdrawl. The klonopin really never helped with the anxiety and i never wanted to go higher. Anti-depressants do not help. i have a lot of anxiety today Dont know if i should take some more vallium now to try and relax or go back to klonopin. as you can see i dont like medication. Sleep is so important dont know if the klonopin made my depression worst.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr.Hussey replied 3 years ago.
Hello!
Hope I would be of great help to you and will try my best to be up to your expectations .

Sorry to hear about your problem

Well Klonoplin contains clonazepam which is also a benzodiazipine like Valium. Both these drugs can act as sleep inducers and can also releive your anxiety but these would not help you with your depression. Rather they can increase the depression. You should try antidepressants like tricyclics, or SSRIs.
You should take Valium rather Knlonoplin .
Your best course would be to visit a psychiatrist who would be able to evaluate you and have a look at the test results to reacha specific diagnosis and thus start treatment.

This conversation is open till the time you are satisfied. If you have any further questions, feel free to ask. I will be more than happy to help you out.

Best of luck...Take care.

Do click ACCEPT if you find the answer useful for you. In this way I will be rewarded for my work and time here for you. Clicking accept will not cost you anything. Bonus and positive feedback will be highly appreciated.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

is it ok to take the remeron with the valium. what is the normal dose for vallium could i be going through withdrawl or intollerance. i have been on a lot of antidepressants and none have worked.

Expert:  Dr.Hussey replied 3 years ago.
These two drugs should not be taken together as increased respiratory depression can occur.
You can take valium upto 5mg per day .
You may be going through intolerance to the lesser dose of valium which may need an increase.

Best of luck...Take care.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
what can i take for sleep and to calm down my anxiety if both medicines can not be taken together what can you take for bothe anxiety and depression when you have both. Also what do you think is causing a mettalic taste in my mouth can either depression or anxiety do that.
Expert:  Dr.Hussey replied 3 years ago.
Right now, you should take remeron and at night you can take Valium but avoid taking them at one time.
There is a whole list of antipsychotic drugs that can be of help. These include
Phenothiazines
Butyrophenones
Clonazepam
Risperidone
Aripiprazole
You should consult your psychiatrist before trying to switch over to any of these.

Best of luck...Take care.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
what causes the metallic taste in my mouth. remeron is suppose to be taken at night so when should i take the vallium
Expert:  Dr.Hussey replied 3 years ago.
If these two ant be split, then go for valium and and leave remeron for the time being.
The metallic taste can be due to remeron as it is one of the side effects of this drug.

Best of luck...Take care.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
i have not started taking the remeron i need something for sleep when i wake up a 3:00 or so in the morning so far the vallium does not put me to sleep
Expert:  Dr.Hussey replied 3 years ago.
OK. That simplifies the question for me.
You should start remeron at night. Take it at around 2100 hrs. Then when you wake at 3, you can take a valium 5mg and thus the additive effect of both drugs can be avoided.
The metallic taste is not due to any other drug. It can be due to dehydration or salt loss. Take Oral rehydration solution which is available OTc and may work well for you.

Best of luck...Take care.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
also what can cause chills without a temperature. have you treated anyone with benzo tollerance how long will vallium help with anxiety before you need more thank you for all your help i know i have a lot of questions but i am very anxious and its friday so i can not reach anybody and i dont want to go to emergency room thanks
Expert:  Dr.Hussey replied 3 years ago.
Chills can be caused by anxiety, sudden change of temperature in the outer environment, prolonged submersion in water , low intensity infection , and withdrawal symptoms etc.
I have treated few patients with benzodiazipine withdrawal and tappering of dose often results in smooth recovery.
Valium at dose of 5mg should be of help for a long time but the exact time duration cannot be predicted.

Best of luck...Take care.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
is one year a long time to be on .25 and sometimes .5 of klonopin . its only been 3weeks from change over to vallium. also if i have been on klonopin for so long changing to the vallium mean that i start from beginning of just staying on the vallium for two weeks or so or is it just adding that time on the klonopins hope that makes sence.
Expert:  Dr.Hussey replied 3 years ago.
Changing to valium would mean an entirly new beginning. You should not add the time of klonoplin consumption to that of valium. Both have separate physical properties. And one year is a long time to be on that drug.

Best of luck...Take care.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
should i have stayed on klonopin and tried to get off first and how long should i stay on the valium.
Expert:  Dr.Hussey replied 3 years ago.
No you can switch over to valium from klonoplin suddenly without any withdrawal symptoms.
You can stay as long on valium , till you feel any benifit by taking it.

Best of luck...Take care.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
you have been excellant i will accept your answer and tip what i can.. do you have anyother advice for me is vallium a better benzo then klonopin is it less addictive or tollerence. my psychiatrist just wants to keep medicating and i have been on different things and still having horrible symptoms thank you
Expert:  Dr.Hussey replied 3 years ago.
Valium is much effective than klonoplin but drug addiction is greater with Valium than klonoplin.

Best of luck...Take care.

Dr.Hussey, Doctor
Experience: MBBS, FCPS-1(R). Have been with patients of medicine all through my career