Dr. Vikas
Dr. Vikas, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS; MD

dear dr bora, i had informed you that i had diabetes neurotrophy

dr bora, i had diabetes neurotrophy for last 5 years i am 67 years old as of date. i had been prescribed lyrica 75 mg 3 times a day and now 150 mg 2 times a day together with daflon 500 to control the edema reaction of lyrica and also muvera 15 and flexcura-d for pain and to flex the ankles. you said try CYMBALTA AND NEURONTIN.. i live in bombay india no chemists one has these drugs.. what can i take that is available in india in lieu of cmybalta and neurontin.??.dr bora, you had mentioned that a local anesthisia minor operation was avaiable to kill these nerve ends in the feet to prevent intense burning and shooting sensations in the left and right foot especailly around the ankles and between the toes.caaaan you tell me where in india i can get this doen i have tried jaslok hospital in bombay..dr poncha a neuro surgeon and he was negative, so where in india and which hospital and which doctor in india ,can i have this minor operation done to quell these bunring and intense shooting pians i get and also in the right small toe which is swollen up and i flamed diabetes.related so please help me i spend lots of sleepless nights due to acute bunring pains in the two feet. . i had posted this earlier about 3 days ago. but received no response

Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. Vikas replied 5 years ago.

Hello ross,

Since Dr Bora is offline and you have mentioned that you are waiting since last 3 days I will try to answer your question.

Cymbalta (Duloxetine) is available in India with a brand name of Sympta (20,30,60 mg strength) or Symbal (20,30,40,60 mg strength tablet). There are various other companies also who are manufacturing this drug. You can simply approach any chemist shop and ask him for the salt name Duloxetine.

Duloxetine brands in India

Similarly Neurontin (Gabapentin) is also available in India and is manufactured by several companies for example Capsule Rejunate (Gapapentin 300 mg capsule).

See brands of Gabapentin

I hope, this answers your question regarding medicines availability.

Now regarding that minor operation, it is very hard to tell, who can or can't do that operation. You may contact various big super specialty hospitals in Bombay (Mumbai) and I am sure you will find someone who can do this minor operation

.A very good idea could be to contact the leading diabetologist working in these superspeciality hospitals and they will guide you accordingly.

Hospitals in mumbai

I hope this helps.

Kind regards

Please feel free to ask if you need clarification/more information. Kindly click the GREEN ACCEPT BUTTON if you are satisfied with the answer. POSITIVE FEEDBACK and BONUS are warmly appreciated.