Dr. Das, MD
Dr. Das, MD, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, MD, with wide experience in all aspects of medical treatment, including cancer therapy.

The skin on the head of my penis is turning a blue-gray colo

The skin on the head of my penis is turning a blue-gray color. It started on the bottom but is also happening at the rim of the head and at the top. I have no other symptoms, no pain, and my performance is normal. What could this be and what should I do?

It is likely that blood vessels just under the skin of the penis is becoming somewhat more visible giving your skin a blue gray color.

It is also very likely that you have always had a grayish color on the bottom of the penis but had never noticed it till yet.

Many men normally have a blue-gray color on the rim of the penis because the skin here is thinner than in the rest of the body and normal blood vessels show up more clearly here.

I doubt that this is of concern since you have no other symptoms. But having it checked out by a doctor will give you more reassurance.

I hope this helps.

Please feel free to ask a followup question if necessary. If not, please click the green 'Accept' button on this page. Leaving a bonus and positive feedback will be highly appreciated.