Dr. Amir
Dr. Amir, Doctor
Experience:  Master of Internal medicine & Gastroenterology with six years of experience (London). MBBS

I have a bubbling feeling in the center of my chest, close

I have a bubbling feeling in the center of my chest, close to the bottom of my rib cage. It started about 2 weeks ago randomly but now it is more frequent. It's upsetting me as it is so close to my heart. Am I ok?
Submitted: 5 years ago via HealthBoards.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. Amir replied 5 years ago.
Thanks for the question. I would like to have few important details. Any history of diabetes or high blood pressure? Any heart burns? History of shortness of breath or sweating?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
No, I'm in pretty good health. Don't take any prescriptions. A long time ago I was diagnosed with a hiatal hernia & after I had my 3rd child 15 1/2 years ago, my heart was skipping a beat here & there but a thorough check of my heart proved nothing & it went away. It feels like a bubbling, or a jumpy nerve & as it continues to worsen, I think I am psyching myself into other symptoms like loss of concentration. It's so close to my heart, I just need reassurance I'm ok.
Expert:  Dr. Amir replied 5 years ago.
Thanks for the details. I would say that your symptoms are typical due to acid-reflux problem & you confirmed about hiatus hernia in which there is lots of acid production can give inflammation of food pipe & stomach. I am not worried about heart disease at this stage because already many tests were done for heart disease in your case so these symptoms are not likely due to that. But you can have fresh Heart EKG done in order to rule out any recent event of heart disease which seems to be less likely. Let me know if you have any further question. Best wishes.

Do accept the answer in this way I will be rewarded for my work and time here for you. Positive feedback & bonuses will be appreciated.

Best of luck and keep in touch

Dr. Amir Javed.