Ken, Postgraduate doctor
Experience:  Working as a Doctor who Cares since 2001.

my legs are discolored, red, from mid lower leg down into my

my legs are discolored, red, from mid lower leg down into my feet.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Ken replied 5 years ago.

Since when are you having this symptom? Are there associated symptoms like swelling/ pain/ numbness, tingling at the feet/ fever? Were any investigations done to see for the cause?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
My legs look like I've been standing in colored water. There is a distinct line where the coloring is not there above and the coloring is there below. No numbness or tingling. No fever, No pain, - haven't asked anyother Dr about this. Thought you might help.
Expert:  Ken replied 5 years ago.

I can understand your anxiety.

We need to consider few causes. Let me explain a bit. Redness or discoloration at the skin of legs can be due to varied conditions. Swelling at feet worry me more. Swelling suggests collection of fluid outside the vascular compartment. Generally it occurs at most dependent part of the body {legs}. The cause can be abnormality at the veins {varicose veins/ clot at the veins}/ narrowing of the arteries {atherosclerosis, diabetes, spasm}/ reduced function of the heart/ liver or kidney abnormality. The swelling leads to change of color of the skin. I would not think of infection in your case as there is no pain or fever.

A physical evaluation {sooner the better} along with few investigations like EKG/ color doppler for lower limbs/ blood tests will give us a clue to diagnosis.

Till than have balanced diet, adequate fluid/ limit salt intake/ raise the legs when ever possible, raise the leg part of your leg.

Please do not worry, you will be fine soon. God bless