TheGermDoctor
TheGermDoctor, Doctor
Experience:  17 years as a physician, Board Certified in both Internal Medicine and Infectious Diseases
13956133

Hi again, - can the symptoms of typhoid fever re-occure after

Hi again, - can the symptoms of typhoid fever re-occure after many years? . . . . Will
Category: Medical
Expert:  DR MED MD replied 5 years ago.
-Could you explain your situation a little more?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Arms and legs ache. Tremors in arms and legs.
Expert:  TheGermDoctor replied 5 years ago.

Hello-

This is highly unlikely to be typhoid. One can become re-infected with typhoid if you are again exposed to contaminated food or water that carries the bacteria, but that is not the same as it recurring.

And typical symptoms include fevers, and abdominal pain, and sometimes rash. Tremors is not very common- unless they are shakes from the fevers.

I would suggest that your arm and leg tremors may be something else- and seeing your doctor or a neurologist would be indicated. Many things can cause this- from a medication reaction, to Parkinson's, to a benign/genetic predisposition to tremors. A proper history and physical in person would help sort it out and help decide how best to manage it.

Good luck.

Always ask if you need clarification/more information.

If I have answered your question, please click the ACCEPT button so I can get credit for my work.

POSITIVE feedback & a BONUS are warmly appreciated.
Please note that answers are for information only, do not take the place of an IN PERSON assessment by your doctor,
and does not establish a patient-physician relationship.

TheGermDoctor, Doctor
Experience: 17 years as a physician, Board Certified in both Internal Medicine and Infectious Diseases