Dr. Abby
Dr. Abby, US Board Certified MD
Experience:  Family Physician practicing medicine for over 10 years, United States

How does Soma 350mg compare to Robaxin 750mg in therapy for

How does Soma 350mg compare to Robaxin 750mg in therapy for muscular tension and spasm, and side effects
Good morning,

There are not any studies that demonstrate Soma or Robaxin to be superior with regards XXXXX XXXXX muscle relaxation.
So, it is based on personal preference and what is going to work best for you..

Side effects are different between the two as well as addiction potential.
As you may know, Soma is metabolized to meprobamate. Meprobamate is a controlled substance that does have addiction/abuse potential. It has been used as an antianxiety medication in the past.

Soma's most common side effects are drowsiness, dizziness and headache.

Robaxin is less likely to cause drowsiness but still has this potential. Blurry vision, dizziness, headache, low blood pressure, flushing, nasal congestion, nausea and vomiting are some of the reported side effects. Most people that I prescribe this for tolerate it very well.

If you have to take something during the day and need to function, drive, etc. Robaxin is the better choice, in my opinion, especially if you are taking it with hydrocodone.

Please feel free to ask any follow up questions,

Dr Abby

If you are satisfied with my help, please remember to click accept. Thank you!!