Dr.Anil, Doctor
Experience:  M.B.B.S.M.D with over 30 years of experience in this medical field.

I had a metallic taste in my mouth after eating sushi and now have had diarrhea, nausea, c

I had a metallic taste in my mouth after eating sushi and now have had diarrhea, nausea, cramping and fever and headache for two days. What do I likely have and what should I do.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr.Anil replied 5 years ago.
Welcome to and thanks for your question.
Well as you describe there may be possibility of Viral gastroenteritis in your case.
And main line of treatment include rehydrate yourself with plenty of fluids and Oral rehydration solution (Gatorade).
Also take metamucil .
Continue to eat at easy to digest food like soup or BRAT diet (bananas, rice, applesauce, and toast).
Take OTC Imodium if you have severe diarrhea .
Also take OTC Motrin for pain .
Take proper rest and avoid dairy products, caffeine, alcohol,undercooked meat and fish and fatty rich food .

If your symptoms 'll persist you need to be seen by your regular doctor for a clinical examination and undergo Stool routine examination , CT scan abdomen to rule out underlying possible cause which may include Intestinal parasitic infection , colitis , Irritable Bowel syndrome .
Also if you feel dizziness and severe diarrhea then you may require IV fluids and injectable medications .
If you have severe abdominal pain then visit ER for prompt treatment .
I hope this helps.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Could I have food poisoning from the raw fish in the sushi, especially since I had a metallic taste in my mouth after eating it? If so, is your advice the same?
Expert:  Dr.Anil replied 5 years ago.
Well in cases if mild food poisoning antibiotics are often not required and the treatment involves Oral rehydration therapy .
In cases where the patient is not able to retain the fluids orally I.V fluids are required.
So basically the treatment is supportive and symptomatic .

For further reading
If your symptoms are persistent and there are signs of dehydration you can visit your doctor for further management.