Dr. SH
Dr. SH, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  Doctor of Medicine
28323552

having tingling on and off in my face, tip of nose, almost

having tingling on and off in my face, tip of nose, almost heavy itchy like tongue, and now I have two fingers numb. I have gone to Dr. and said it was nothing they could diagnose and referred me to neurologist that I have an appt. with for next week. My question is do I need urgent care?
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. SH replied 5 years ago.
Since how long are you having this problem?
Do you have any other medical conditions?
Are you on any medications for anything?
Have you had any tests for your current condition?
Please let me know.
Regards
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Over a month
No other medical conditions. Had a physical and all came back normal
I am on zoloft 50 mgs for anxiety and in the past two weeks have cut back to 35 as we would like to start a family.
Not yet.
Expert:  Dr. SH replied 5 years ago.
With the numbness of the fingers I would like that you should have your neck spine looked at. I would also like that you should have your thyroid function tests done if they have not been done already and also have a vitamin B12 level done as well. However your symptoms do not require a visit to the ER. A visit to the neurologist would be fine.
Regards
Expert:  Dr. SH replied 5 years ago.
Let me know if you have any further questions. Do click accept if you found my response helpful. Regards
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Is waiting until next Monday OK for the neurologist? Could this be migraine realted? I occasionally do have them. I have an allergist appt today as I was thinking maybe it is an allergy.
Expert:  Dr. SH replied 5 years ago.
Yes, it could be migraine related as sometimes migraine can cause one to have neurological symptoms such as numbness and tingling. But more than that it could also be anxiety related as well. Anxiety can also be associated with these kind of symptoms as well. Seems UNLIKELY to be any kind of allergy. Regards
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Finally, I drink a lot of diet soda (7 plus cans a day) could this be a contributing factor?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Expert:  Dr. SH replied 5 years ago.
Diet soda should not be the cause of the tingling and the numbness you are having. So the answer is NO, diet soda will not cause these symptoms. I would however recommend that you should take a multivitamin pill having B complex vitamins daily. Regards