How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. RK Your Own Question
Dr. RK
Dr. RK, Doctor
Category: Medical
Satisfied Customers: 2879
Experience:  M.B.B.S. , over 7 years of experience in the field of Medical practice
Type Your Medical Question Here...
Dr. RK is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

kidney stone..spinal..major pain from that spot to the top of my head

Resolved Question:

I had kidney stone surgery to get stones and put in stints. They used a spinal for sedation
now I am having major pain from that spot to the top of my head.
What should I do? I have been lying flat on my back and taking percocet every 4 to 6 hrs.
It's not getting better.
Submitted: 6 years ago.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. RK replied 6 years ago.
Dear customer,

when the spinal anaesthesia was given?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
the surgery was done june 1, 2011 @ 6:15 a.m.
Expert:  Dr. RK replied 6 years ago.
Dear customer,

Most spinal headaches require no treatment and resolve by own.You should drink more of water and if it is not releived then consult the doctor for further management.

The treatment in some cases may be use of epidural blood patch, epidural saline and intravenous caffeine.

Here is the link for more information

treatment of spinal headache

Let me know if you have any doubt.

Thank you
Dr. RK and 6 other Medical Specialists are ready to help you