Dr. Amir
Dr. Amir, Doctor
Experience:  Master of Internal medicine & Gastroenterology with six years of experience (London). MBBS
16101430

I have a lump under the jaw bone on the right side that is

Customer Question

I have a lump under the jaw bone on the right side that is fairly large and sore! I just found it tonight when I turned my head to the right and had pain, the pain is auful! Should I go to the ER to have this checked or wait for my Dr. tomorrow? Any advice will be appreciated.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. Amir replied 5 years ago.
Thanks for the question. I would like to have few important details. You have any history of fever? Any history of weight loss? Any recent history of infection?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
No, I don't have a history of those!
Expert:  Dr. Amir replied 5 years ago.
Thanks for the details. I would say that this can be swollen lymph node, possibility of infection there or infective cause. Also important to rule out sialadenitis (inflammation of salivary gland), abscess & others like that. I will advise its better for you to see a physician as soon as possible, preferably in ER because in case of infection you may require to start antibiotics in order to cure it other wise a possibility of spread of infection. Let me know if you have any question. Best wishes.

Best of luck and keep in touch

Dr. Amir Javed.

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
So you think that I should go have this checked at the ER?
Expert:  Dr. Amir replied 5 years ago.
Yes it will be better for you but this is not an emergency situation. The idea is just in case of infection the physician will examine & able to prescribe you antibiotics. Other wise there is a risk of spread of infection. If it is difficult now then make sure to see your doctor in the morning. Let me know if you have any question. Best wishes.

Best of luck and keep in touch

Dr. Amir Javed.

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Thank you for your help! I think I will take a ride to the ER and have it looked at.
Expert:  Dr. Amir replied 5 years ago.

You welcome & many best wishes. This will also give you mental satisfaction as well. Good luck.

Regards

Dr. Amir Javed.