Dr. RK
Dr. RK, Doctor
Experience:  M.B.B.S. , over 7 years of experience in the field of Medical practice
14180959

I am 21 years old, I started with having body ache and next

I am 21 years old, I started with having body ache and next thing I knew I was having fever next day when I woke up and had sore throat, fever continued not for long next day but I continue having sore throat what should I do or why do I still have this sore throat? I am worried and hope it's not something bad
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. RK replied 5 years ago.
Dear customer,

did you consult a doctor yet?
are you still having fever?
did you get the blood test done?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I haven't seen a doctor and have done no blood test thinking that it would be gone soon or maybe I just had the flu
Expert:  Dr. RK replied 5 years ago.
dear customer,

The chances of viral infection may be the likley cause as per your symptoms.The fever along with sore throat and body ache can be caused by viral infection.

The treatment is symptomatic.You should take the drugs like motrin, paracetamol to control the fever and body ache.

The warm saline gargles may be advised to you as well.The antibiotics have no role in viral infection though it may be given in associated secondary bacterial infection.

It may take a few days for the symptoms to resolve.

Let me know if you have any doubt.

Thank you

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I appreciate your advise I was so scared because it is my first time having this and one person mentioned that I might have HIV which is something very serious and worried me even more
Expert:  Dr. RK replied 5 years ago.
Dear customer,

did you have the unprotected sex with hiv infected person?
do you use drug abuse or had blood transfusion?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I don't do drugs and no I have not had unprotected sex with an hiv infected person
Expert:  Dr. RK replied 5 years ago.
Dear customer,

The HIv is commonly transmitted by unprotected sexual intercourse with infected individual or due to needle sharing in iv drug abusers.

Since you didn't have the above mode so the chances of hiv infection is not there in you and you should not worry.

Let me know if you have any doubt.

Thank you
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Thank you!
Expert:  Dr. RK replied 5 years ago.
dear customer,

You are welcome!