Dr. Cameron
Dr. Cameron, Doctor
Experience:  American Board Certified in Emergency Medicine and Ivy League trained. Medical Review Officer trained in Drug Testing
16455829

Knee replacement using silicone is being used. Could you plse

Knee replacement using silicone is being used. Could you plse give me more info
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. Cameron replied 5 years ago.
any other medical problems or medications?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

Doctor Cameron I am actually doing this on behalf of my husband. he is on medication.

Pharmapress(Blood pressure)Ridaq.Cetapon.Tramedd 5mg.DiclophenacSodium 25mg,Ranitidine 150mg

I am a little confused by the question-are you asking if the clean out is a good idea?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Doctor Cameron I personally feel to have a clean out is a temporary answer for him. The risk of his only leg being damaged scares us. We would like info on the new method of using silicone. Would this procedure be more advisable in this instance?
Well, they are doing silicone knee injections, but not the arthroplasty (replacement). This material is reserved for the hand.

Many different types of designs and materials are currently used in total knee replacement surgery, nearly all of which consist of three components: the femoral component (made of a highly polished strong metal), the tibial component (made of a durable plastic often held in a metal tray), and the patellar component (also plastic).

The reason being is that silicone is flexible and is needed in the hand, but it is not strong enough for the knee (and you don't want the knee to be that flexible or you can get ligamentous injuries)

warm regards