Dr .Saha
Dr .Saha, Doctor(MD)
Experience:  30 years experience as doctor
8227957

pain in chest area, ache in right arm pit, pain across my back;

Customer Question

pain in chest area, ache in right arm pit, pain across my back; in the area where your bra is. No weight loss. Abdomen will not go down, have tried exercise and diet, largest under my breast, not lower abdoment. shortness of breath sometimes and my heart seems to beat triple time for no reason, this can go on for a period of 10 minutes to several hours, several times a day for no reason.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr .Saha replied 3 years ago.

How long and how frequently are you having the pain?

Can you explain the position of pain on the chest ?

What does aggravate and relieve the pain?

Any relation with food, position, movement or respiration?

Do you take any medicine?

Do you have any other symptom or previous illness?

Thank you.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
I have had the arm pit pain for about a year and it radiates into my right breast at times and into my back on the right side, not the center of my back. The pain in my chest is on the right side. The rapid heart beat has been there for about 3 months, it comes and goes and nothing really brings it on or relieves it. I do take Estrace 2 mg daily since 1992. I have been told I have fibromylgia about 10 years ago but it only bothers me from time to time, I do see a rheumatologist annually. My ana is high but has been for 10 years, not high enough for a lupus diagnosis but he watches it very close. My alkaline phos. is also high and has been for about 5 1/2 years, it is being watched also.
Expert:  Dr .Saha replied 3 years ago.

Thank you for the information.

The pain in the right side of the chest can be due to a few factors.

This can be due to musculoskeletal cause like costochondritis, muscle spasm.

Other possibility can be pleuritis or inflammation of the lungs covering, emboli or inflammation of lungs but this is unlikely to continue for a year without other symptoms.

Rarely heart pain can occur in the right side.

The gall bladder or liver pain can be referred here.

When you have shortness of breath sometimes with rapid heart beats you need to get t it checked by doctor.

You need EKG, echo, holter , X ray & other tests to rule out any heart issue.

I hope this information helps.

I will be happy to assist, if you need any clarification.

Please feel free for any follow up query.

Regards.
Dr .Saha, Doctor(MD)
Experience: 30 years experience as doctor
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Relist: Answer came too late.
Expert:  Dr. Phil, MD replied 3 years ago.
Hello. My goal is to help you find an answer! This sounds likely related to fibro but its always important to rule out more serious things. Have you ever seen your doc and had this worked up?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
I have seen my rheumatologist, last August he thought it was fibro related but nothing seems to help. I have taken Skelaxin, Aleve, etc., the rapid heart rate that last from 10 minutes to several hours, sometimes several times a day isn't fibro and yet when I mention this they don't seem too concerned about it. The pain in the right arm pit area that radiates into my back and right breast is very painful. This is not a daily, constant pain, but is often, 3 or 4 days a week. The upper area of my abdomen is large, the lower is not, if you look at me from the side without clothes I look pregnant under my breast, it has that appearance. If you press on my abdomen in that area it it tender, not painful, just tender. I had a test that looked at my gallbladder last summer it did not show any stones, however, my sister, who it just like me in so many ways had pain in her gallbladder, did not have stones and they removed her gallbladder and said it looked horrible when they removed it. I don't know if this is the problem or not, but since there were no stones my doctor has dismissed this as a cause for the pain, etc. I am on a low fat diet, not an "official" diet plan, just watching what I eat very closely.This does not affect how I feel either. Spicy foods, etc., don't have any effect on how I feel either, such as salsa, onions, etc. so the doctor dismissed the gallbladder as an issue. My mom passed away from lung cancer 4 years ago. I have had a chest xray 5 months ago. I am starting to feel like the doctor thinks I am a nut and these are just in my head. I am desperate to feel better.
Sometimes a diagnosis of fibro can lead docs to attribute everything to it. I'm sorry to hear that. I suggest the following...1)EKG 2) holter monitor to see exactly what is going on with this rapid heart rate 3)echo cardiogram to get a ;picture of the heart 4)HIDA scan or CAT scan of the gall bladder to rule this out. You are at high risk of gallbladder disease with your family history, age, sex, etc.