Dr  Jones
Dr Jones, Board Certified MD
Experience:  MD-Post graduation.10 years in handling and helping patients.Expert in emergencies and diagnosis.
27521838

Both arms / handskeep going numb and tingling feel like they

Both arms / handskeep going numb and tingling feel like they keep going to sleep and this usually happen throughout the night and first thing in the morning. Today is happen while I was driving was intermitted but now been going on for last two hours. Demographics 30 years old african american female, nerve damamge in both legs but none in arms and hands based on results from EMG. What happening to me now?

Dr Jones :

Hello.

Dr Jones :

Welcome to justanswer.

Dr Jones :

What was cause of nerve damage in legs?

Customer:

Thxz

Dr Jones :

Are you suffering from any medical condition?

Customer:

I have no idea have

Customer:

asthma fibromyalgia sickle cell trait often have crisis even though its the trait partial seizure disorder have duragesic patch , talwin cymbalta , lyrica, trazone, buspar i think thats all

Dr Jones :

Thanks for inputs.

Your symptoms are simulating peripheral neuropathy.Peripheral neuropathy often causes numbness and pain in your hands and feet.

Dr Jones :

Peripheral neuropathy is caused by nerve damage. It can result from such problems as traumatic injuries, infections, metabolic problems, medications and exposure to toxins.

Customer:

how do you fix it

Dr Jones :

First investigation are needed to determine the underlying cause.

Customer:

will a doctor appoint do or do i need to go to er hand been like this for last 3 hours

Dr Jones :

I think you should consider seeing a doctor who on clinical examination can confirm the diagnosis. The doctor may want you to do tests like blood sugar levels, thyroid function tests, liver/kidney function tests. A nerve conduction study can also be of great help. Treatment would be directed towards the underlying cause.

Dr Jones :

If symptoms are really disturbing then you can go to ER for primary care.But this will need an appointment with doctor later.

Dr Jones :

Please ask if there are doubts.

Customer:

will go to the doctor thanks a million

Dr Jones :

I hope I have been help to you.

Customer:

yes u have i will gladly accept

Dr Jones :

If you found my answer helpful please ACCEPT it so that I get credit for my time.

Thank you.Regards.

A positive feedback would be great.

Customer:

certainly