Dr. Thomas, MD
Dr. Thomas, MD, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  Internal Medicine--practice all of internal medicine, all ages, family, also Integrative, CAM, etc
24257177

i have a very strange rumble vibration in my chest just under

Customer Question

i have a very strange rumble vibration in my chest just under my breast slighty over to the left side it comes and goes all day wat could this be i also suffer from palpations and i have a ectopic heart beat as well but this strange vibrating and rumbling in my c hest area is bothering me what coulkd it be thank u, it also can move higher up into my chest on left side ?
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr.Hussey replied 5 years ago.
Hello!
Hope I would be of great help to you and will try my best to be up to your expectations .

Sorry to hear about your problem

Well this vibration sense can be caused by irregular heart beat which can be due to rhythm problem.
Your best course would be to visit an ER where an ECG could be performed and a doctor would be able to examine you.
Any such rhythm problem can be dangerous so you should not take it lightly and get it evaluated right away.

This conversation is open till the time you are satisfied. If you have any further questions, feel free to ask. I will be more than happy to help you out.

Best of luck...Take care.

Do click ACCEPT if you find the answer useful for you. In this way I will be rewarded for my work and time here for you. Clicking accept will not cost you anything. Bonus and positive feedback will be highly appreciated.
Expert:  Dr. Thomas, MD replied 5 years ago.
Hello

My understanding is that you have a virbration that is different from your palpitations
and a rumbling internally that is different still
Is this correct?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
yes this is the case !
OK
And
how long have these sensations each been going on
and has this heart beat and palpitations been investigated with EKG, holter, etc

is it PVCs?
simply use reply
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
yes i have had ecgs in the past nothing should up on them i have been getting palpations since i was 14
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
yes i have had ecgs in the past nothing should up on them i have been getting palpations since i was 14 the vibrations have been going on for 3-6 mnths
OK
a 24 hour holter to make sure these are PVCs only.
That is probably what the ectopic beat is on EKG
The vibrations are almost certain muscular ...do these not seep more on the chest or within the muscles?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
the vibrations are deep within my chest and they get more occurant do u think it could be some thing serious like heart failure or heart attack symptoms having these strange vibrations within my chest ?
Vibrating and rumbling are more often GERD...reflux disease, or indigestion or gas from swallowed air.
If your pulse is steady and not fast and not skipping beats then it is not likely to be connected to your heart at all.
You simply need an EKG now, and arrange for a 24 hour holter. The ER or your doc can do this.
It is good to get the EKG now during symptoms.
If this is not heart, say heart rhythm is ruled out, then esophageal spasm with reflux is possible, or deep fasciculations of the muscles from structural stress, which will probably respond to magnesium supplementation.

If this is gas and indigestion then simethicone might be a good test to see if is relieves the rumbling.
good luck

Let me know if you have further questions

Experience: Internal Medicine--practice all of internal medicine, all ages, family, also Integrative, CAM, etc
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
so is this a medical emergency that i should get checked out now or wait till tommorow ?
So you should have the EKG now even though it is likely not an emergency you have to err on the side of safety.
Findings also might not be there tomorrow so go asap.
Arrange the holter from the ER or urgy care so that you have the next 24 hours covered.
This will clear up the notion of palpitations being the problems.

Then, you should see your doctor for an h pylori breath test [not today] to make sure you do not have ulcer or gastritis, an abdominal exam as well as a structural examination.
good luck again