Dr.David
Dr.David, Doctor
Experience:  Internal Medicine Specialist,MBBS
6554558

My daughter has had stomach pain for over a week now. It isnt

My daughter has had stomach pain for over a week now. It isn't always in the same spot, is now there constantly and seems to worse after she has eaten. She went to the doctor on Friday and had a blood test to rule out appendicitis. I'm not sure what to do now.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr.David replied 5 years ago.
Hello
Welcome to the just answer website. I need the following information from you, so that I can provide you the best answer:

How is her bowel movement?
What about her periods?
Does she has nausea?

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
She said that she is going to the toilet normally. Her last period finished about a week ago, but she does have tenderness and cramping at the beginning of a period. She is feeling like she wants to be sick some of the time, but hasn't actually vomitted. It has gotten to the stage she doesn't want to eat though because it makes it worse.
Expert:  Dr.David replied 5 years ago.
Thanks for the info given.

The pain your daughter is having can be due to diffrent causes.Most common one are:Appendicitis (inflammation of the appendix), Cholecystitis (inflammation of the gallbladder) with or without gallstones,food allergy,hernia.Other less common causes are:intussusception,Diverticular disease, including diverticulitis. The most probable cause seems to be Appendicitis.Kidney stones should also be ruled out.

As her symptoms are diffuse & not specific, so without tests & examination it is difficult to make the exact diagnosis.She need ultrasound of the abdomen,X-rays of the abdomen,endoscopy,of upper GI (gastrointestinal) tract (EGD) blood, urine, and stool tests.The exact diagnosis can only be made after physical examination & tests.So I advice you to make an appointment for her with doctor & treatment will be done according to the cause.

Please feel free to ask if you have any other question.

Regards-
Dr.David.
Please click green ACCEPT BUTTON so I can be paid for assisting you. BONUS and Positive Feedback are always greatly appreciated.

Customer: replied 5 years ago.

Hello again,

Since I spoke to you last, I have found out that there is significant gall bladder issues on my mothers side of the family. The pain is definately upper right side and her right arm and sometime goes through to her back. Stool samples, urine and more bloods have come back with nothing. I am going to another doctor today to see if I can get an ultra sound done. The doctor I took her to last week wants to wait another fortnight and then see her.

Am I doing the right thing taking her back again?

Expert:  Dr.David replied 5 years ago.

Yes, you are doing right. She needs to be evaluated quickly. You should not wait for another fortnight. Ultrasound is required. So I advice you to consult your doctor ASAP. Stool samples, urine and blood tests are not very helpful in this case. Ultrasound will reveal the exact cause.So I advice you to make an appointment for her with doctor & treatment will be done according to the cause.

Also please don't forget to click green ACCEPT BUTTON so I can be paid for assisting you. BONUS and Positive Feedback are always greatly appreciated.

Regards-
Dr.David.