Dr. Stan
Dr. Stan, Medical Physician and Surgeon
Experience:  Johns Hopkins Fellowship Trained, Certified and Licensed Medical Physician and Surgeon
25472284

VAGINAL CREAM USED TO EASE BURNING PAIN WHEN URININATING

Customer Question

Category: Medical
Expert:  911DOC replied 3 years ago.
Hello and welcome to JustAnswer,
This is an impossible question to answer.... The reason is that you do not know the reason you are having pain with urination. Once we figure that out then we can get you treated properly. The estrogen cream is good for vaginal atrophy, but if you have a yeast infection then it is the wrong medicine.... You could also have a urinary infection. The point is this... you need an exam to get diagnosed... Then we can, likely, cure the problem. Please let me know if you have any quesitons.
Best
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
my phy. examined my urine.. she also prescribed hydroxyz on april 27, nothing has helped the situation. a urologist also started me on 60 mg sanctura xr for 4 weeks to no avail. do you suggest that this is because of age and vaginal dryness?
Expert:  911DOC replied 3 years ago.
if that were the case... the progesterone cream would be helping...
i can't tell over the internet the cause, but i think you are in good hands....
i seriously doubt, since you are in the hands of a urologist.... and it sounds like a GYN as well... then coming here with the limited information you have given it's very hard to guess what might be the answer and i will opt out at this point...
Expert:  Dr. Stan replied 3 years ago.

Welcome to Just Answer:

It is likely that the reason for the burning and pain when urinating is inflamed vaginal wall due to thinning, infection and/or bruised wall. In general, the estrogen and progesterone cream would significanlyt help resolve the vaginal atrophy (thinning). It is possible to buy over the counter natural estrogen and progesterone cream from your local Health Product Store or your local Pharmacy without prescription. In general, the best formulation is that prescribed by your doctor based on your individual evaluation. So, I suggest that closer evaluation by an GYN doctor or your Family doctor to allow proper treatment. If there is infection, you would need a vaginal anti-infective cream. For yeast infection, I suggest over the counter Monistat-7 vaginal cream. For bacterial infection, a 5-day course of prescription oral Bactrim DS or Ciprofloxacin with help resolve the problem.

It was a pleasure to assist you. Please, allow me get credit for my time and effort in assisting you and press the ACCEPT button for this assist. I will be glad to answer additional questions until you are satisfied. Thank you so much.

A Positive Feedback and/or Bonus is welcomed and appreciated.

Please note that this answer is for information only. It cannot be substituted for the visit to or the recommendation of your doctor.
Dr. Stan, Medical Physician and Surgeon
Experience: Johns Hopkins Fellowship Trained, Certified and Licensed Medical Physician and Surgeon