Dr. RK
Dr. RK, Doctor
Experience:  M.B.B.S. , over 7 years of experience in the field of Medical practice
14180959

My 6 yr old daughter has a very swollen lump (I assume it

My 6 yr old daughter has a very swollen 'lump' (I assume it is a lymph node) on the right side of her groin. It is visibly swollen and measures approx. 4cm in length & is quite firm. What could it be? Thanks
dear customer,

how long is the symptom?
did you consult a doctor yet?
any associated fever?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
We just noticed it today. We haven't spoken to anyone at this stage. No fever at the moment.
Dear customer,

The swelling in the groin area may be due to various causes like femoral or inguinal hernia, haematoma, cyst, lymph node enlargement, etc.

You should have the physical examination done by the doctor/surgeon.The sonography of the affected area may be done to know the underlying etiology.The treatment depends on the underlying cause.The surgery may be required in some cases.The lymph node enlargement may need oral antibiotic therapy if its due to infectious etiology due to bacteria.

Let me know if you have any doubt.

Thank you