Dr. Amir
Dr. Amir, Doctor
Experience:  Master of Internal medicine & Gastroenterology with six years of experience (London). MBBS

Burning sensation upper left side of abdomen

Thanks for the question. I would like to have few important details. Any history of heart burns? History of diabetes or high blood pressure? Any chest pain or shortness of breath with it? You are having any pain in upper abdomen with this burning sensation? Diarrhea or nausea with it?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
No, to all. Started about five days ago and is constant. I am able to sleep and eat. Feels better when I burp.
Thanks for the details. I would say that there is a strong possibility of acid-peptic disease with its induced complication such as peptic ulceration. Some times malabsorption syndrome & gastrointestinal infection do also present like that but seems to be less likely in your case. I will advise to take Syp. gaviscon or mucaine available OTC for five days as this might help. I will also suggest to see your doctor for early evaluation as this is now present for the last five days. Evaluation should be done now which should include few important tests such as urea breath test, abdominal scan. Avoid spicy or junk food. Let me know if you have any further question. Best wishes.

Do accept the answer in this way I will be rewarded for my work and time here for you. Positive feedback & bonuses will be appreciated.

Best of luck and keep in touch

Dr. Amir Javed.