Dr. Amir
Dr. Amir, Doctor
Experience:  Master of Internal medicine & Gastroenterology with six years of experience (London). MBBS

I was found to have a mild pelvic ascites, what should I do

I was found to have a mild pelvic ascites, what should I do? A year ago I had a colonoscopy it was normal.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. Amir replied 5 years ago.
Thanks for the question. I would like to have few important details. Any liver function tests done? Family history of malignancy (cancer)? History of weight gain or loss? Any thing abnormal finding in the scan other then ascites? Who diagnosed pelvic ascites?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I had a pain in my lower abdominal, I went to emergency and after a MRI that is what they found imflammation.
Expert:  Dr. Amir replied 5 years ago.
Thanks for the details. Lastly, they found inflammation of appendix, intestines or which organ? Any abnormality found in the oravies & how's your white cell count?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

My Liver is normal, in my kidney they found a cyst.It was appoximately 7 cm segment of circumferential colonic was thickening and adjacent mild inflamatory fat stranding involving the sigmoid colon.

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
large intestine
Expert:  Dr. Amir replied 5 years ago.

Thanks for the details. I would say that there are many possibilities which can give such ascites like ovarian disease or any malignancy, infection or inflammatory disorders of the intestines & pancreas, liver disease, kidney problems. In your case as very important evident finding is inflammation in large intestine.The inflammation in large intestine can be seen in infection, inflammatory bowel disease, diverticular disease, early malignant changes, panniculitis & others like that. I will highly advise now to take a referal to see gastroenterologist for complete evaluation. There is a need to repeat colonoscopy, stool culture test, ascitic fluid analysis & culture, ESR, c-reactive protein, blood urea. Also important to investigate any kidney disease because of a cyst on kidney as a finding in scan because kidney disease can also give such pain & pelvic ascites.Take probiotics in diet & make sure to see your physician for examination & referal to a gastroenterologist soon as possible. Let me know if you have any further question. Best wishes.

Do accept the answer in this way I will be rewarded for my work and time here for you. Positive feedback & bonuses will be appreciated.

Best of luck and keep in touch

Dr. Amir Javed.