DrKnowsBest
DrKnowsBest, Doctor
Experience:  Family Physician with extra cert in peds and womens health
9384716

Hi, medical expert I suffered from menstrual pre and post

Hi, medical expert

I suffered from menstrual pre and post discomfort around my lower abdominal area. A lot of wind and some times acute pain. I also have endometrisis.

I observed from the past 2 years, I have a lot of wind in my stomach and I fart often. More when I wake up in the morning. I feel better after letting go of the wind.

I had undergone my lapascope surgery and HRt treatment 1 year ago. I don't see any improvement. I am an Asian age 41.

Is Hrt with Livial treatment can help to control my hormone?
I just started with this new treatment one day ago. Read on the research, there are certain side effect like breast cancer, stroke...My doc will put me on a 3 month jab and monitor from there.

Pls advise on diet that I can benefit to alleviate my discomfort.

Zee - Singapore

Please give me your advice. Is there any diet that I should avoid and good diet to treat this issue.

Thanks.
Zee - Singapore
Category: Medical
Expert:  DrKnowsBest replied 6 years ago.

DrKnowsBest :

some of the things you can avoid are foods high in fat that are thus more difficult to digest and can cause icreased gas as a by-product. try adding acidophilis or bifidis (natural cultures) to regulate your digestive tract

DrKnowsBest :

increasing your fiber too fast can increase gas so steadily increase to aim for 25-35 grams per day and be sure to drink plenty of water to ease the digestion

please accept if no more questions as i see you are now offline