PK
PK, Doctor
Experience:  MD
16173041

do any STDs cause tiny tears in foreskin

do any STD's cause tiny tears in foreskin?
Category: Medical
Expert:  PK replied 3 years ago.

PK :

Hello

PK :

Welcome to just answer.

Customer:

thank you

Customer:

are you there?

PK :

I am sorry to hear of your discomfort .

PK :

When did you notice the tear ?

Customer:

thank you again i guess i'm looking for peace of mind just last night I felt discomfort will having sex because there was no foreplay.....i continued anyway even though there was discomfort and afterwords i examined my foreskin and noticed tiny red tears

PK :

Oh ok

PK :

Do you have any discharge or any other complaints ?

PK :

Any 'at risk' sexual activity ?

Customer:

no i've never had unprotected sex i have performed unprotected oral sex but not in some time

PK :

Ok

PK :

Thank you for the information .

Customer:

no discharge other than normal there is a bit of stinging which seems to have become worse but i believe it is just tender

PK :

this does seem like a tear due to trauma and as you said due to un lubrictated sex.

PK :

This does cause a tear at times and gets better with time and rest .

PK :

Medication like 4 % lidocaine will help reduce the discomfort.

Customer:

ok how much time do you expect it normally takes? and is there an std that could cause the tears i'm unsure of my partner at this point I guess too...probably for no good reason mind you

PK :

You can also apply neosporin over the area as it will help healing and also prevent on infection .

PK :

Well a STD would produce discharge as well as redness over the area.

PK :

No STD will just present with a tear.

PK :

The history you have given does substantiate the chance of trauma causing the particular reason .

PK :

You should apply the medications I mentioend.

PK :

If this does not help it heal in a week then you should get it checked.

Customer:

ok well the only thing that presented abnormal at first was the tear if there is discharge what could it be and what would constitute "discharge"......i'm probably over thinking and appreciate your time here

PK :

Though in all likleliness the measures I have mentioned will help it to heal .

PK :

Well discharge means fluid oozing out .

PK :

This is abnormal and at times foul smelling .

PK :

This suggests an infection in the area.

PK :

A tear by trauma will just present as a tear and will not show associated discharge.

Customer:

ok well certainly nothing foul smelling and I don't think there is any abnormal discharge I think i'm peeing more but i also think im being paranoid ha

PK :

Yes,

PK :

You seem to be fine

PK :

So just relax and please follow the measures I have mentioned.

PK :

have a great day

Customer:

ok thank you for your time and I will keep an eye on things and follow the measures you mentioned

PK :

take care and god bless..

PK :

I wish you a speedy recovery and great health

PK :

Do let me know if you have further doubts.

PK :

Please click on the green accept button if this answers you as it is only then that will the site credit me for my work.

PK :

Thank you.

PK :

Please click on the green accept button in order to accept the answer.

PK, Doctor
Experience: MD