Dr. Wajid
Dr. Wajid, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, FCPS (Internal Medicine)
20564665

My 7 year old child has been complaining of ear ache on and

Customer Question

My 7 year old child has been complaining of ear ache on and off. It is accompanied by the feeling that is nose and forehead are going to explode and an intense itching all over his body, particularly on his back. These symptoms (with exception to the ear ache which occurs inside and out) only occur when he is outside but are not present all the time. They appear to come in an attack that lasts only a matter of seconds. The frequency is about 2-3 attacks every 10 mins. Have you any idea what this could be?
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. Wajid replied 3 years ago.
Hi

Welcome to just answer...

Does your son have flu and running nose very often?
Also does he have watering of his eyes and frequent sneezing?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
No he is usually fit and healthy. He doesn't appear to be poorly with the symptoms. No sneezing, he is complaining of sore eyes in the outside corners and he says they have been watering
Expert:  Dr. Wajid replied 3 years ago.
Hi again...

Sorry I was asked to refer you to a peadritician, which I did but saw your question again on my window today...

Anyhow I think your son is having Sinusitis due to recurrent flu symptoms...

The headache and the earache ar both due to the sinusitis, which in actual blocks the Eustachian tube causing the earache...

I would suggest you take him to an ENT doctor and get his X ray PNS done to confirm the diagnosis od sinusitis...

Until then you can continue using Tab Piriton along with a nasal decongastan such as Sudafed Nasal spray...

I hope this answers your question...

Let me know if you have any further questions...

Also press the accept button if you feel satisfied with my response...

Thank you...

Regrads Dr Wajid...