Dr. Abby
Dr. Abby, US Board Certified MD
Experience:  Family Physician practicing medicine for over 10 years, United States

I just received my blood work back and my GR 75.8 & GR# XXXXX

I just received my blood work back and my GR 75.8 & GR# XXXXX are both high. They really are borderline -- what do they mean?
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. Abby replied 5 years ago.

What are the normal ranges for your lab?
Were the rest of your labs normal?
Are you feeling well?
Do you take any medications?

Dr abby
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
GR 42.2 - 75.2
GR# XXXXX - 6.5

Yes, the rest of the labs were in the normal range. Ferritin 17, which has been lower.

I am presently being treated for painful nodule arthritis. Dr. has me taking meloxicam, once a day. I also take Vit D and Synthroid. I had my thyroid removed and my VIT D was 3 -- latests results have both at the lower end of the within range. I also take lipitor for cholesterol. Multi Vit and fish oil.

Expert:  Dr. Abby replied 5 years ago.
Thank you for clarifying,

Looking at the reference ranges for your lab, as you mentioned, the elevations are so small that they likely have no clinical significance.
We can see an elevation of neutrophils when someone has an underlying inflammatory disorder such as rheumatoid arthritis..your underlying arthritis nodule, if autoimmune in origin, may be the source of the mild elevation.

Bacterial infections also cause an elevation of the granulocytes. If you become ill over the next few days, that would explain the abnormal labs.

I would simply repeat the test in a few months.

Please feel free to ask any follow up questions,

Dr Abby

If you are satisfied with my help, please remember to click accept. Thank you!!