Dr. Natasha
Dr. Natasha, Doctor
Experience:  American Board Certified in Emergency Medicine and Ivy League trained. Medical Review Officer trained in Drug Testing

just had a blood test and my mchc was low 30.1 on scale

Customer Question

just had a blood test and my mchc was low 30.1 on scale of 32.0-36.0. all other blood measurements were fine.I get very cold even my when house is at 76 It makes me feel sick and my body starts to feel like it is burning in chest and arms. My temperature is around 96.0-97.5 but rises to 98.6 in the afternoon. my c-reactive protein level was .1 on scale of .0-.4. does the low mchc cause this
Category: Medical
Expert:  DOC EK replied 3 years ago.

DOC EK :

Hi

DOC EK :

thanks for asking the question

DOC EK :

before i answer i just want to confirm that you have a normal hemoglobin,mcv and other values in complete blood count and it is only mchc which is low?

DOC EK :

please enter the chat to reply and move further

DOC EK :

use reply to respond

Customer:

hemoglobin was 12.9 on scale of 11.6-15.2. mcv was 92.1 on scale of 78-100. I seem to get very very tired after i eat. I weigh 135 and am 5'7 i eat a healthy diet and do not eat sweets except for fruit.

DOC EK :

do you have your thyroid function checked as well?

Customer:

yes t-4 was 1.2 on scale of .8-1.8 and ths was 1.16 on scale of .40-4.50 my hair is falling out a lot in the past 8 months i did a iodine test i put a patch on my stomach and it was almost gone in 5 hr.

Expert:  Dr. Natasha replied 3 years ago.
The other doctor has gone off line, can I help you?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Dont know what i have to do now to get answers Doctor ek went off line Can you look at his answers so i dont have to repeat
sure
do you have any other medical problems or medications? ( I saw your labs)
Expert:  Family Physician replied 3 years ago.
By itself, a low MCHC has little diagnostic significance since it is a calculated value that is used to represent the average concentration of hemoglobin in the red blood cells.

The most common reasons for low MCHC is low iron levels. Your hemoglobin is still in the normal range, but your iron level may be low.

I would suggest asking your physician to check your serum iron level, tranferrin saturation and ferritin. These iron studies would help to determine if you would benefit from iron supplements.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
I was taking klonopinn for 9 months at .25 or less for anxiety. past month have been trying to get off last night took .25 this morning .25 and half of .25 in afternoon i got very shaky this morning and temp. went to 95.2 took a hot shower and it went up to 98.2 It seems to fluctuate all day long.
Low body temperature can be seen in a number of conditions including hypothyroidism (low thyroid) - which would seem to have been excluded by the normal thyroid tests.

It can also be seen in diabetes or other conditions where autonomic function is altered.
Well, I was looking at your information. I would suggest that you see an endocrinologist. For one, you can have normal labs and have clinical (i.e. symptomatic hypothyroidism) and in some cases they may try you on supplementation to see if this helps.
Other causes would include vitamin deficiency, like vitamin b12, but this would be unusual since your mchc is low and not high.
That being said, you may also be not producing enough cortisol or having adrenal fatigue- in this case, you would need a work up by an endocrinologist to know for sure..

warm regards
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
I dont have diabetes i have thought of that and bought a tester and it all tests normal..just tested my blood sugar and it was 114 what are the other autonomic fuctions that can alter it and what kind of doctor would i see. I have not gotten any virusis or flus in years. I do have a case of follicullitus diagnosed by dermatologist who wanted to give me antibiotics culture came back that it was not bacterial and my c-reactive protein came back .1 on scale of .0-.04 i do feel nauseous . what should my next step be. i have been going through this for months.
Your next step is to see an endocrinologist. There are many other hormones in your body which can be causing your symptoms as I wrote above- thyroid, cortisol for example.
Dr. Natasha, Doctor
Experience: American Board Certified in Emergency Medicine and Ivy League trained. Medical Review Officer trained in Drug Testing
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
i also just recently had a saliva test for hormones it stated that my testosterone level was very high and night and morning cortisol was higher than normal. i had pellets put in in october and they probably put too much testosterone in. dheas was on the lower end also. would this be a problem. what can i do about it if it is and is the klonopin bad for me . i do need something for anxiety do you have many patients on it and is it a problem for them to get off. i will be happy to pay you more for your advice since i know this is a lengthy problem thank you
Like i said, you have a lot of symptoms and you are rather complicated- you need to see the endocrinologist- I am confident that they will help you get on the right track :)