Dr. R. Bora
Dr. R. Bora, Doctor
Experience:  Several years of clinical experience in all fields of Medicine.
11246089

How can one lower ones monocytes

How can one lower ones monocytes
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. R. Bora replied 5 years ago.
What is your age and sex?

What is your monocyte level?

Have you been diagnosed with any specific disease?

I am still online while you provide me the above info.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
63 years of age; male monocyte level is 17.9; no disease known;
Elevated monocyte count (known as monocytosis) is generally seen with viral or other infections like parasites, tuberculosis.
It can also be associated with autoimmune disorders, blood disorders and sometimes cancers.

I would suggest that you see your GP first and get thoroughly examined clinically to correlate your findings. You can also get a peripheral bood smear done to look for any abnormal blood cells.

If you would like to give credit for my answers and the time I have spent with you, please press the "GREEN ACCEPT" button to accept the answer. I will not get paid unless you hit the green accept button.

FEEDBACK and BONUS would be highly appreciated.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
WOnder if there is anything I can do diet-wise or any other natural way of lowering the monocyte reading from 17.9 to 11 % or less? d
First you have to recognize that the high monocyte count indicates that you are having a chronic infection in your body.
Diet may only help to improve your immune status slightly and you will have to take medicines such as supplements / vitamins to increase your immunity.

You should see a nutritionist for a good diet. You should also consult an infectious disease specialist to evaluate the reason for the monocytosis.

You can however stick to a high protein diet to improve your immune status. Also take protein supplements.