Dr. Amir
Dr. Amir, Doctor
Experience:  Master of Internal medicine & Gastroenterology with six years of experience (London). MBBS

What does a blood clot feel like in a right leg...pain behind

What does a blood clot feel like in a right leg...pain behind my knee, and feels like wants to charlie horse lower leg and outside of thigh feels a bit numb? Emergancy room or off my feet..low cholestoral no blood thinners, but take high blood pressure pills
Thanks for the question. I would say that whenever, there is clot formation or DVT in the leg, few important symptoms are such as pain, swelling, discoloration, increase in size of leg due to swelling, numbness or tingling sensations & others like that. There can be only one or few symptoms in the start. I will highly advise that the symptoms which you are having should be evaluated in ER a the earlisest in order to investigate few important possibilities such as clot formation or DVT, lower disc disease with nerve compression, blood flow obstruction & others like that. Blood clot formation should be rule out without any delay with the help of examination & some tests which should include doppler scan of leg, complete blood count, x-ray lower back. Let me know if you have any further question. Best wishes.

Do accept the answer if you find it useful in this way I will be rewarded for my work and time here for you. Positive feedback & bonuses will be appreciated.

Best of luck and keep in touch
Dr. Amir Javed.