Dr.David
Dr.David, Doctor
Experience:  Internal Medicine Specialist,MBBS
6554558

migraines..daily headaches..my eyes start to go cross and I feel

i get migraines once a month and occasional headaches but for the past few months i have had a huge increase in both - almost daily headaches. I also have had occasional visual blurriness and some episodes that are very sporadic but feels like i'm about to pass out - my eyes start to go cross and I feel like im going to go unconcious. other times its just intense sinus pain, never any drainage. I thought it was just stress but the other day i was just sitting down talking to someone and had an episode another time it happended while I was driving. Any thoughts on possible causes or suggested tests?
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr.David replied 3 years ago.
Hello
Welcome to the just answer website. I need the following information from you, so that I can provide you the best answer:

Was your MRI scan & CT scan normal?
Any history of medical illness like high blood pressure or diabetes?
Is there family history of stroke or heart disease?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Have not received the results of MRI or CT back yet
HTN yes but it is under control with lisinopril
Diabetes is under control with diet and exercise
I had the lapband a year ago and only take byetta when my blood sugar is above 150
yes family hx of both stroke and heart disease
Expert:  Dr.David replied 3 years ago.
Thanks for the info given.

The symptoms you are having can be due to a migraine attack or a stroke. As you had a strong family history of both stroke and heart disease & your personal history of HTN & diabetes,so there is great possibility that this can be due to stroke mini stroke or transient ischemic attack(TIA). A stroke occurs when the blood supply to part of your brain is interrupted or severely reduced, depriving brain tissue of oxygen and food.

Already you have undergone CT scan & MRI, other tests that will be required are:chest X-ray and ECG,Ultrasound scan of the carotid arteries in the neck. Blood tests will be required accordingly.

I advice you to go to ER as you need immediate clinical examination by doctors to know the underlying cause & treatment will be done accordingly.

Please feel free to ask if you have any other question.

Regards-
Dr.David.
Please click green ACCEPT BUTTON so I can be paid for assisting you. BONUS and Positive Feedback are always greatly appreciated.
Dr.David, Doctor
Experience: Internal Medicine Specialist,MBBS