Dr.David
Dr.David, Doctor
Experience:  Internal Medicine Specialist,MBBS
6554558

migraines..daily headaches..my eyes start to go cross and I feel

i get migraines once a month and occasional headaches but for the past few months i have had a huge increase in both - almost daily headaches. I also have had occasional visual blurriness and some episodes that are very sporadic but feels like i'm about to pass out - my eyes start to go cross and I feel like im going to go unconcious. other times its just intense sinus pain, never any drainage. I thought it was just stress but the other day i was just sitting down talking to someone and had an episode another time it happended while I was driving. Any thoughts on possible causes or suggested tests?
Hello
Welcome to the just answer website. I need the following information from you, so that I can provide you the best answer:

Was your MRI scan & CT scan normal?
Any history of medical illness like high blood pressure or diabetes?
Is there family history of stroke or heart disease?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Have not received the results of MRI or CT back yet
HTN yes but it is under control with lisinopril
Diabetes is under control with diet and exercise
I had the lapband a year ago and only take byetta when my blood sugar is above 150
yes family hx of both stroke and heart disease
Thanks for the info given.

The symptoms you are having can be due to a migraine attack or a stroke. As you had a strong family history of both stroke and heart disease & your personal history of HTN & diabetes,so there is great possibility that this can be due to stroke mini stroke or transient ischemic attack(TIA). A stroke occurs when the blood supply to part of your brain is interrupted or severely reduced, depriving brain tissue of oxygen and food.

Already you have undergone CT scan & MRI, other tests that will be required are:chest X-ray and ECG,Ultrasound scan of the carotid arteries in the neck. Blood tests will be required accordingly.

I advice you to go to ER as you need immediate clinical examination by doctors to know the underlying cause & treatment will be done accordingly.

Please feel free to ask if you have any other question.

Regards-
Dr.David.
Please click green ACCEPT BUTTON so I can be paid for assisting you. BONUS and Positive Feedback are always greatly appreciated.