TheGermDoctor, Doctor
Experience:  17 years as a physician, Board Certified in both Internal Medicine and Infectious Diseases

Greetings, While I was cooking, I used a wooden spoon. And

While I was cooking, I used a wooden spoon. And the spoon got cracked and some of the
splinters got into the dish. I didn't realize that first. And I had a bowl of that dish. Afterwards I realized that I might have eaten some of those wood splinters. Should I be concerned? I'm 20 weeks pregnant. What can I do? Thanks so much.
Category: Medical
Expert:  TheGermDoctor replied 5 years ago.

If you ate some small wood splinters I would not be worried- They will almost certainly just pass through your body. There is no specific worry and nothing needs to be done.

Good luck with the pregnancy.

Always ask if you need clarification/more information.

If I have answered your question, please click the ACCEPT button so I can get credit for my work.

POSITIVE feedback & a BONUS are warmly appreciated.
Please note that answers are for information only, do not take the place of an IN PERSON assessment by your doctor,
and does not establish a patient-physician relationship.