TheGermDoctor, Doctor
Experience:  17 years as a physician, Board Certified in both Internal Medicine and Infectious Diseases

when my daughter was about three years old she got hold of my contraseptive pill and we think she took about nine tablets. She didnt seem to be affected in any way.She is now twenty seven and has been trying to fall pregnant without success.both she and her husband have been checked out and all seems ok.they have been trying for about eighteen months.She is not aware that this happened as i only rememberd myself recently.

Could this be affecting her ability to fall pregnant?

Category: Medical
Expert:  TheGermDoctor replied 5 years ago.

There is absolutely no way that taking 9 contraceptive pills at age 3 would affect her ability to become pregnant now. The hormones in the pill would not cause lasting affects on her.

I can confidently reassure you that this is not the problem now.

There are many other possible causes for decreased fertility and I would consider she see a fertility specialist if they have not yet.

Good luck to you, and her.

Always ask if you need clarification/more information.

If I have answered your question, please click the ACCEPT button so I can get credit for my work.

POSITIVE feedback & a BONUS are warmly appreciated.
Please note that answers are for information only, do not take the place of an IN PERSON assessment by your doctor,
and does not establish a patient-physician relationship.