Dr.Israr, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, FCPS

I have bloody stool diareah. No abdominal pain or cramping.

I have bloody stool diareah. No abdominal pain or cramping. Sudden on-set.

Thanks for using just answer.

How old are you and your sex?

Since how long you are having this?

Is it fresh or clotted blood present in diarrheal stool? How many episodes daily?

Any history of fever and vomiting associated?

What treatment are you using currently?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

I am 64 years old, female. The symptoms described started this morning. I have had

two episodes since I woke up today, in the last five and one half hours. It is hard to say about the "clotting" issue. There appears to be some gelatinous material within the stool. I am not nauseous and do not appear to be feverish. I am not taking any medication or OTC treatments for this. Just hoping it will go away. I do not have health insurance and would like to avoid exttensive and expensive tests.

Ok and thanks for your input.

Well, there are various causes of such bloody diarrhea, most common are infections.
In the current scenario, you should keep replacing diarrheal water loss by excess fluid intake. You may need to see your doctor physically so that he can prescribe you antibiotics. You may need to go for stool examination to confirm the type of microorganism involved. If you don't have health insurance and is unable to afford the cost of all this, then you can seek help from various federally administered health centers who help people without health insurance. For such center in your city you can follow following web link,

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Besides drinking water, what else should I be doing? How long should I keep an eye on the situation before I go to the doctor, assuming all other symptoms remain the same? Is there some food I need to drink? I have had a sinus trouble, coughing, conjestion. Could this be the related infection that has worked it's way through my system?

Any drug you are currently using for sinus problem?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
No. I have not been taking any medication for the problem. I have take an OTC antihistimine occassionally. I have taken them at night to relieve symptoms so I could sleep. Have not taken any in about a week.
Okay and thanks for your input.

The infective organisms which causes diarrhea are different from the one involve for sinus problem.

You might also try drinking clear soda, such as 7UP or Sprite; clear broths; or noncaffeinated sports drinks, such as Gatorade. You should try to drink plenty of liquid every day, taking small, frequent sips.

Eat bland, easy-to-digest foods such as soda crackers, toast, gelatin, bananas, rice and chicken.

Avoid taking following foods until you are well, like dairy products, caffeine, alcohol, nicotine, and fatty or highly seasoned foods.

If blood in stool is minimal and its intensity is decreasing, then you can wait a day or two, but if it is persistent and worsening then you should see your doctor immediately.