Dr. Haroon Iqbal
Dr. Haroon Iqbal, Doctor
Experience:  18 years experience in all fields of Surgery and Medicine. Vast experience in Emergency care.
28687509

What is EDTA Mega Plus Artery Cleaner Taken orally does it act as a preventative treatmen

Customer Question

What is EDTA Mega Plus Artery Cleaner? Taken orally does it act as a preventative treatment ("scrubbing your arteries of plaque") against stroke & heart attack?
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. Haroon Iqbal replied 3 years ago.
Hello and welcome to justanswer!

Do you have any liver or kidney problem , now or in the past?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
I have a relatively small problem with my kidneys. They have been leaking protein since 1974 (when my daughter was born. My creatinine is 8, Miicrroalbumin, conc. was 806 in Oct/10 but is now 384 mg/l, and the Albumin/creatinine went from 366.6 to 174.55 in the same period
Thank you very much for your input.

Actually EDTA is an amino acid and it is similar like vinegar in its action.It is still under research by NIH , and its efficacy is debatable.The idea is that EDTA cleaner would clean all radicles, minerals and debris from the arteries to clean them in theory.Its efficacy is established in few cases and IT IS NOT SAFE IN PEOPLE HAVING HISTORY OF KIDNEY problems or liver mal function etc.So i won't suggest its use.However, if you like to consider it should see your doctor to directly asses your condition and your kidney issues.
Hope i have answered your question.
Dr. Haroon Iqbal, Doctor
Experience: 18 years experience in all fields of Surgery and Medicine. Vast experience in Emergency care.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
If the product poses some danger to anyone with kidney or liver malfunction, why and how is the company also advertising "Advanced Liver Miracle Scrubber" and separately "Advanced Kidney Miracle Scrubber" in Canada?
This is very simple matter .Every medicine may have serious side effects foe any body or a class of people having some kidney or major organ problems.So man products may not be dangerous for everybody , but every body is not entitled to use any thing without the consultation of a doctor.Good luck.