Dr.David
Dr.David, Doctor
Experience:  Internal Medicine Specialist,MBBS
6554558

brown spot on my big toes

brown spot on my big toes
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr.David replied 5 years ago.
Hello
Welcome to the just answer website. I need the following information from you, so that I can provide you the best answer:

Is it present on both big toes?
Any history of injury?
Is there any known medical illness?

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
yes both toes no injury feel fine
Expert:  Dr.David replied 5 years ago.
Thanks for the info given.

The brown spots can be caused by heredity, sun exposure or ill-fitting shoes. it is common to develop brown/dark spots on your toes, especially around the joints, if you commonly wear shoes that do not fit properly or go barefoot frequently in the sun.

You need to wear good fitted shoes. If still this persists & stays in place but gets bigger, that's a sign that it could be something else (like melanoma)& for this you need to consult your dermatologist. So I advice you to wear good fitted shoes & watch your symptom for the next few days & accordingly make an appointment with your doctor.

Please feel free to ask if you have any other question.

Regards-
Dr.David.
Please click green ACCEPT BUTTON so I can be paid for assisting you. BONUS and Positive Feedback are always greatly appreciated.

Customer: replied 5 years ago.

dark brown spot on each big toe just appeard this morning no new shoes

Expert:  Dr.David replied 5 years ago.
There is possibility that there might be bleeding. Brown spot is probably just blood under the nail.This is called as subungal haematoma.

So I advice you to keep an eye of observation on your spots. In most of the cases it will resolve by itself within 2-3 weeks. If still persists then you need to consult your dermatologist.

Regards-
Dr.David.