tazechip
tazechip,
Experience:  dasdasd
18722459

I have an adrenal gland cyst. I have no symptoms. How serious

I have an adrenal gland cyst. I have no symptoms. How serious is this and how concerned should I be?
Category: Medical
Expert:  tazechip replied 5 years ago.
Why was the scan done in the first place, and can you tell me more about the report on the cyst? Has your doctor discussed this with you?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

I don't exactly know? I assume they needed what you want----more specific information after a CT scan.

I'm just looking for some reassurance and possible complications, and wether to worry about cancer.

I feel great, have no symptoms, but I realise that may not matter.

Expert:  tazechip replied 5 years ago.
OK--but why was a scan done in the first place? Were you having abdominal symptoms? Are you certain this cyst is in the adrenal gland and not in the kidney?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

I was getting an MRI for "lung nodules" which turned out to be not that serious. Incidentally, they found

a "density" near my gallbladder, and a cyst on my kidney and adrenal gland, so they did another CT scan, and then the MRI of my abdomen. This is where I stand now. I was told that the adrenal gland cyst was more serious than the kidney cyst, which are quite common my DR. said. So, the kidney and adrenal gland cyst

were found quite incidentally also. I am seeing a gastro-enterologist for the "density" near the gallbladder

for a scope to go down there to diagnose it and possibly remove it. I do not have any symptoms or pain

from anyone of these findings. It is quite overwhelming at this point, however.

Expert:  tazechip replied 5 years ago.
Sorry for the delay. Pure adrenal cysts, while rare, are rarely cancer or functional as in adrenal tumors like pheochromocytomas which excrete adrenalin and cause symptoms of rapid heart rate and elevated blood pressure or adenomas that secrete cortisol and can cause weight gain, fluid retention, and diabetes. If further studies don't show anything unusual, both the adrenal and kidney cysts may be just simple cysts and of no consequence.