khagihara, Doctor
Experience:  Trained in the multiple medical fields for many years.

Extremely hot natured -- hair sweats, face turns red, etc when

Extremely hot natured -- hair sweats, face turns red, etc when eveyone else is OK.
I have to have the A/C down to 68 in order to be comfortable and therefore, I can't do shopping or anything else where I am moving either in or out of doors and not be wet with sweat. I am 64 yrs of age -- excellent heath -- had a complete hysterectory in 1994. This is not like "hot flashes" -- it is like a body that is over heating. Is there any medication either RX or OTC that I can take or what can I do to stop this problem.
Category: Medical
Expert:  khagihara replied 5 years ago.
How tall are you? How much do you weigh? Any weight change? If so, over what period of time?
Do you feel you are always tired? Tremor? Hair loss? Bowel problem? Sleep problem? Palpitations? Voice change? Nervousness?
Bowel problem?
Do you have any other symptoms associated with your problem?
Are you aware of anything which might have brought this on?
Do you have any medical problems?
Any surgeries?
Are you taking any medications including OTC pills and herbs?
Any family medical history?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

5'2" -- 165 lbs currently on a diet to loose weight. I take multiple vitamins, vitamin D, small dose of baby aspirin at night, cymbalta. Surgeries: hysteretory 1994, TJM jaw surgery in 1986 and again in 2009. I have no medical problems except seasonal alergies. No other problems. It is just the "heat" problem and since I am trying to loose weight and exercise more I wonder if this is any problem in an air conditioner area and would the weight loose and excersize help the problem.

Expert:  khagihara replied 5 years ago.
When did it start? Is it constant? Is it getting worse? Does anything except air conditioner make it better? Does anything make it worse?
How long have you been on Cymbalta?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
It has been going on for years and it is not constant but I am usually the one in the room that needs more a/c, Cymbalta has had no affect, Nothing makes it better except than cooling down the environment that I am in at the moment.
Expert:  khagihara replied 5 years ago.
The heat intolerance seems to be due to the overweight. You should ask your doctor to refer a dietitian who can help plan out a diet and an exercise program with you.

Any questions?