tazechip
tazechip,
Experience:  dasdasd
18722459

lower abdominal vibrations can be caused by what

lower abdominal vibrations can be caused by what?
Category: Medical
Expert:  tazechip replied 5 years ago.
Can you tell me exactly what's going on and what tests besides the ct and US have been done?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
i have abdominal pains both left and right side. thought it was a hernia but ultra sound and ct ruled it out. had a urine test done and was ruled negative for infection. was told tby a urologist that i might have a infection anyway. put me back on ciprol for ten days. Been experiencing the vibrations for past tree days. feels like i am sitting in a running truck.
Expert:  tazechip replied 5 years ago.
Upper or lower abdomen? Any change in bowel movements? How long has this been going on? Were you checked for pancreatitis or a malabsorption condition?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
the pains in abdominal area about 3 weeks. the vibrations about three days. no bowel movement change, no blood in either bowel or urine, no pain when urinating. no to both pancreatitis or malabsorption question.
Expert:  tazechip replied 5 years ago.
Was any diagnosis offered?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
none so far, just that there is no sign of hernia and so far no infections. i gave blood today for a psa test but no results yet.
Expert:  tazechip replied 5 years ago.
Well, it's hard to give you just one diagnosis here, but you need to see a gastroenterologist for upper and lower endoscopy. Possibilities include irritable bowel syndrome, a peptic ulcer, colitis, or even colon cancer (but that's not likely). A gastroenterologist should be able to determine exactly what's going on here.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
would the description of possible causes be consistent with the spasms i am now feeling in my lower abdominal and pelvic area and also with the pain that feels like a heernia.
Expert:  tazechip replied 5 years ago.
That's more consistant with irritable bowel syndrome, but the endoscopy needs to be done. If that rules out all the other possible diagnoses, then IBS would be the likely culprit. It can be treated with Bentyl or Levsin.