Dr. Abid
Dr. Abid, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, FCPS(R)
16766337

I have been having dizzy spells, headaches, and memory loss.

I have been having dizzy spells, headaches, and memory loss. I was wondering if I should have a mri or cat scan. I just would like to have everything checked out. There is history of cancer in my family. I have insurance would this be possible and what doctor would be the best to talk to?

Jackie farstveet
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. Abid replied 5 years ago.

Dr. Abid :

Hi there...

Dr. Abid :

Please tell me do you have history of numbness ,tingling sensation or loss of power occasionally?

Customer:

numbness in my fingertips and toes.

Dr. Abid :

Ok do you have blurring of vision ?

Customer:

no

Dr. Abid :

Ok thanks for info as you mentioned you have headache ,off/on dizzy spells and you are concerned about your symptoms ,keeping all thes facts in mind i will suggest you to consult NEUROLOGIST and get MRI brain to rule out any neurological issue.

Customer:

What neurologist would you suggest? I can go to Bismarck, Norht Dakota or Fargo, North Dakota.

Customer:

I forgot to mention I also have memmory loss.

Dr. Abid :

As you have loss of memory along with other symptoms you may need evaluation to rule out possibility of multiple sclerosis ,and MRI brain will help to rule out .

Customer:

What Doctor would you suggest

Dr. Abid :

I will suggest you to get your MRI brain first and also get your vitamin B12 levels .

Dr. Abid :

Regards,if you found my response helpful please click accept button so that i may get credit.