A bloating in stomach going would need investigations for following conditions;
1) Gallbladder disease (gallstones); if not removed.
2) Irritable bowel syndrome
The causes of bloating are;
1) excessive air swallowing.
Anxious people swallow air when they are stressed or anxiety supervenes.
2) increased intraluminal (inside the intestine) production from mal absorbed (improperly absorbed) nutrients,
3) decreased gas absorption due to some pathological condition of intestines like diverticulitis
4) expansion of intestinal gas due to changes in atmospheric pressure
A solitary reason or combination can be responsible for the excessive gas.
Following may help you;
2) This may help;
a) Bismuth subsalicylate
b) Activated charcoal
c) Simethicone; (Maalox, Mylanta); Simethicone causes gas bubbles to break up.
d) Beano; contains an enzyme (alpha-galactosidase), which helps to breakdown certain complex carbohydrates.
All are available without prescription.
Avoid foods that appear to aggravate symptoms. These may include milk and dairy products, certain fruits or vegetables, whole grains, artificial sweeteners etc. But this is based on the personal observation for the aggravating food.
3) Investigations by your physician;
a) Ultrasound of abdomen
b) Colonic transit time.
c) CT scan of abdomen
Discontinue the following if you do them;
1) gum chewing,
3) drinking carbonated beverages, and
4) gulping food and liquids.
It is privilege assisting you.