TheGermDoctor
TheGermDoctor, Doctor
Experience:  17 years as a physician, Board Certified in both Internal Medicine and Infectious Diseases
13956133

Have a rash between my leg and my groin, have been told its

Have a rash between my leg and my groin, have been told its jock itch, and have been prescribed Datakort cream, but i've also noticed a few (about 5) red tiny 1-2mm spot on the glans penis, also it itches abit, any ideas ?
Category: Medical
Expert:  TheGermDoctor replied 5 years ago.

Are the lesions on the penis flat? or blisters filled with fluid?

Can you potentially upload a picture?

Have you had this before?

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
the lesions are flat, not fluid , i had jock itch before late 2009 and a similar thing on my glans penis at same time, dr told me it might be penile yeast infection but its back again and i'm abit worried, how do i upload a picture to this, all i could do is email you a pic if required

It does indeed sound like a fungal infection. ( If it was herpes, generally the lesions are larger than 1-2 mm and fluid filled, as well as more painful than itching).

I don't fully agree with your treatment, however- you are on a medicine that has a steroid as well as an antifungal. The steroid in fact can make things worse.

I personally would change to a topical , over the counter antifungal that you can get in any pharmacy- like clotrimazole. Apply that to both the penis and jock itch rash- if it is no better within a few days, then see your doctor.

Based on your description, I don't think you need to post the pic now.

Good luck.

Always ask if you need clarification/more information.

POSITIVE feedback & a BONUS are warmly appreciated.
Please note that answers are for information only, do not take the place of an assessment by your doctor,
and does not establish a patient-physician relationship.

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Can this clotrimazole cream be applied directly to the glans penis ?

Yes-

If I have answered your question, please click the ACCEPT button so I can get credit for my work.

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
for piece of mind would i be able to send u a pic of the lesions to an email address, so i can feel more at ease, as i was panicing abit

There used to be an icon in the tool bar to be able to upload a picture, but it seems to be down now.

You can contact the just Justanswer moderator, and include the URL of this question and they will post it for you. I cannot give you my personal email however.

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I added uploaded the pic to flickr as i cant find a way to contact the moderator as there is no way to upload the pic to them also,

this is the flicr link : http://www.flickr.com/photos/22026977@N03/5628151926/in/photostream

Yep- I just saw it-

It does not look typical for herpes to me- too small ( unless it just started and is about to enlarge and form blistering lesions).

I would still continue with the topical therapy like I advised- but again if it is not improving in a few days , see a doctor and he can do an actual culture from the area or do additional tests as needed.

Good luck.