Have you seen a ENT doctor?
Any coating on your tongue?
Any heartburn or indigestion?
no have trying to find doctor
Do you get any nasal discharge?
whitish and a small brown spot about size of corn kernel . no heartburn. no discharge really
So..white coating on the tongue with a brown area....does any of this scrape off?
i brush the white off each day
lil brown spot stays
but the tip of my tongue tingles now every time exposed to mold
tongue like i said was burning and ears inflammed
The first thing is to see a dentist regarding the brown spot. It is possible that the white coating is thrush and that certainly cause an abnormal taste so that is the first thing that needs to get ruled out.
If there is little nasal dicharge, and no pressure behind the forehead or cheeks then it is unlikley to be sinus related, however in some cases infected catarrah can cause the nasty taste etc and so seeing an ENT doctor would be the next person after the dentist.
when i had teeth cleaned , they didnt say anything about about brown spot
Was it a dentist or a hygeinist that did the cleaning?
was is infected catarrah
dentist and hygenist both evaluated my mouth because a
Catarrah is mucus etc produced from the nose which can produce a nasty taste and smell when present.
i asked about those things
So your dentist was happy with the appearance of your tongue?
the smell kinds ruminates from the back of my throat sometimes when I yawn widely
so could there be infected catarrah down in the back of my throat
An ENT doctor will be able to evaluate you fully using a small camera. It is possible that trapped food can be left in pockets of the tonsils which can cause problems. Or this could be infected catarrah in the tubes connecting the nose to the throat.
So there are a couple of possible causes.
what do you think is possible cause for burning tongue sensation which lasted several months
Burning tongue could be related to thrush, or there are some underlying nutritional deficiencies such as vitamin B12 which can cause burning tongue.
Also if someone has acid reflux, this is another possible cause of irritation as acid is regurgitated up into the mouth. Often worse when sleeping
Do you have any experience of problems people have had after mold exposure
Mold exposure may cause allergic symptoms which would increase nasal secretions and cattarh. Occasionally if someone was very sensitive or immune supressed then they may develop an asthmatic type picture with cough and shortness of breath.
because when I started having these symptoms I went to dentist and to have my yearly workup done (had it 8 months prior) everything came back good..the only thing I can attribute my symptoms and my children's symptoms t is the mold exposure
Mold can increase catarrah production, but it is the secondary infection rather than the mold which would be causing the abnormal taste etc
So you would usually have noticed increased symptoms of that type (runny nose, facial pressure etc)
son was sick for the 2 months prior to us moving out of the contaminated apartment ..he had a entire body rash, shortness of breath, coughing ,sneezing which kept him up all night using asthma meds which did nothing to stop his sympoms but all which have disappeared since we moved. My daughter had a rash under her nose and my face broke out immediately as I opened the door to the storage closet which house the mold. I tested the vents in the apartment and discovered that te mold was in the air ducts shooting out through all vents in apartment. My concern is that we are all doing better but could there be long lasting effects from this exposure
Certainly many of the symptoms your children had could be down to the mold exposure and allergic reaction to it.
unfortunately i believe that we may be in that 2% which will have allergic reactions to mold and becaue of the research I have had to do on the subject before I thought i was going to have to cut my tongue out because of the constant irritaion, I am trying to get the right treatment for our situation
Usually leaving the home will allow the patient to return to normal over time, although some respiratory problems may need longer term treatment such as inhalers to help. If chest symptoms were not improving then a chest x-ray and sputum culture would be needed
Otherwise, many people find that their symptoms settle down although they may be more sensitive to being allergic to other triggers in the long term.
The inspector who did the mold inspection suggested we seek evaluation because of the high levels of mold in the air samples and the symptoms we were having , the children have been referred to allergy and asthma center and pulmonary doctors and they have them on cortisteroids for now
well since we moved everyone is feeling much better and the rashes are gone but like I said my taste and smell just returned in feb , but when I come in contact with mold my face breakout and tongue tingles will a ENT be able to do something that will prevent this
Then it sounds like you are getting appropriate treatment and I am afraid that exposure of this type can take some time to get over.
Would an ENT recommend any different treatment that the steriods
other than steriods i mean
The steroids would be beneficial for chest related symptoms, the ENT doctor may recommend nasal spray for you. You may also find that antihistamines may help.
Thank you ! I know I had a lot of questions but this has been an awful experience and want our health restored to normal.
I can understand how miserable all this can make you feel, however it should start to improve now that you are no longer exposed to the mold.
Thank you and have a good day.
Thanks for using Just Answer.