DrKnowsBest, Doctor
Experience:  Family Physician with extra cert in peds and womens health

I have had several tests run from echocardiogram, stress test,

I have had several tests run from echocardiogram, stress test, methacoline challange, and everything checks out within the normal standards other then some leaky valves, and having a slightly enlarged heart. However when I'm running for my daily excercise after about a mile I experience shortness in breathe and then pain inmy neck and shoulders, then my hands lose feeling and sharp pains in my chest. Not sure what else to do but It's getting worse instead of better. My current meds are albuteral, singulair, and advair.
Category: Medical
Expert:  DrKnowsBest replied 5 years ago.

DrKnowsBest :

there may be more than one thing contribtuting

DrKnowsBest :

sometimes a disc problem in the neck can cause all of these symptoms (short of the shortness of breath) with the compression of running this is going to be amplified and can cause pain/pins and needles/numb in hands and arms into chest

DrKnowsBest :

some other tests i would order are neck MRI, possibly an emg (nerve test that can illicit whether this is a neurological problem)...that being said i assume you do your albuterol 1 hr before running-if not try that and possibly an increase in the dose of advair

as i see you are offline please accept if no more questions