Dr. RK
Dr. RK, Doctor
Experience:  M.B.B.S. , over 7 years of experience in the field of Medical practice
14180959

How to get rid of Hydrochloric Acid in Digestive System

How to get rid of Hydrochloric Acid in Digestive System ?
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. RK replied 3 years ago.
rDear customer,

why you want to get rid of?
do you have any symptoms like pain, heart burn, etc?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
What information do you need ?
Expert:  Dr. RK replied 3 years ago.
Dear customer,

I wanted to know if you are taking any drugs to decrease the acid production prescribed by doctor.

The hydrochloric acid is produced in stomach and can be decreased by the use of proton pump inhibitor drugs like omeprazole, lansoprazole, rabeprazole etc.

The h2 antagonist like ranitidine, famotidne can also be used.These drugs are available on prescription by doctor and you can consult the doctor for the same.

Let me know if you have any doubt.

Thank you
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Is ther anything I can take over the counter ???

Expert:  Dr. RK replied 3 years ago.
Dear customer,

You may take the drug like pepto-bismol, and other antacids like milk of magnesia, tums, gaviscon, etc

The FDA has also approved the proton pump inhibitors Prevacid, prilosec and Zegerid for over-the-counter use to treat frequent heartburn (more than two episodes per week) for 14 days.You may take one of the above drug.

Here is the link for more information

otc drug for heartburn

Let me know if you have any doubt.

Thank you
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

No "TUMS" is just not working. I know this is not Heartburn.

But Thanks anyway

Expert:  Dr. RK replied 3 years ago.
Dear customer,

You may then take the drug prilosec which is also available as OTc for the treatment.It is also very effective in decreasing acid production.

Thank you
Dr. RK, Doctor
Experience: M.B.B.S. , over 7 years of experience in the field of Medical practice